Sunday, February 3, 2013

Lancome All That Glistens Color Design Eyeshadow


Lancome All That Glistens eyeshadow is my new favorite taupe.

Recently I was shopping with my mother when she me told me she wanted to try a few Lancome products. I remember a teacher in high school who would always reapply her Lancome lipstick before trying to assign me to detention. Unfairly, this left me with a sour disposition towards Lancome. I tried to steer my mother towards a different makeup counter, but she was set in trying the Lancome Hypnose Star mascara. As a result I found myself staring at their eyeshadow display. 

I tested all five of their 'All That' shadows before being swayed by All That Glistens and All That Glitters. 

The Lancome website describes All That Glistens as 'shimmering purple taupe', though I think there are undertones of red ($19 for 0.02 oz / 0.7 g). The shimmer is very intense and not for the faint of heart. This is not your office eyeshadow. This is your 'Friday night out' or Bachelorette party shadow. Something glitzy enough to feel festive, but neutral enough that wearers won't feel outside of their comfort zone.




Here is All That Glistens with Lancome Hypnose Star mascara. I applied it easily with a generic shadow brush. Against my fair skin All That Glitters pulls more grey than purple or red. The texture is soft and not at all gritty despite the shimmer.

Outside lighting:


Inside lighting:

 
 
As you can see the shimmer gives almost a wet look when worn. I tend to gravitate towards shadows can both be worn alone and also require minimal application effort. All That Glitters meets both checkpoints.

Initially, it reminded me more of MAC's Heritage Rouge pigment powder, but following application I realized it more closely resembles Le Metier De Beaute's Corinthian. See below for comparisons:


 
Here they are swatched on my arm:


1. Le Metier De Beaute - Corinthian
2. Lancome - All That Glitters
3. Chanel - Safari
4. YSL - Pure Chromatics Quad #19
5. MAC - Satin Taupe

Final Thoughts: Although there are a wide variety of taupes on the market, this one is an excellent choice. All That Glitters performed very well. It wore for a full 8 hours with minimal creasing and without primer (I rarely, if ever, wear primer). It blended easily and only faded slightly. The comparison shots do not do the shimmer in the shadow justice. Though only appropriate for night occasions, I foresee making good use out of this shadow during Bachelorette Party season and girls' nights out. 

I ordered mine through Nordstrom, but it is also available through the Lancome website. 

Have you tried any of the Lancome 'All That' shadows?

No comments:

Post a Comment