Monday, February 11, 2013

Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick: Paparazzi


Anyone who knows me knows that I am not shy around red lipstick. In fact, I traded in my bright pink MAC lipgloss for a red one a month into college and only on the rare occasion do I switch it up now. One of my latest acquisitions is Dior's Paparazzi. 

Paparazzi is a berry red that ers on the side of sheer. This gives a subtle glossy sheen. Given its nature, this is a low maintenance, virtually fuss free red. Unlike Power Reds that demand prep work and precision, Paparazzi is more of an On the Go Red. For me, this was a welcome addition to lipstick collection. 



This shade works particularly well as a transition color from the wine reds of winter to the more friendly spring reds which tend to be more raspberry oriented.






Paparazzi has a slight perfume scent that is not detectible once applied to the lips. Further, the Addict Extremes have a moisturizing quality that makes them comfortable to wear. 

Here is Paparazzi applied to the lips. I'm wearing Sugar Lip Tints in Fresh underneath.

 
For the full effect:


Here are some swatches comparing Dior's Paparazzi with Illamasqua Maneater, Burberry Military Red, Chanel Triomphal, and Mac Mac Red.

Inside lighting:


Outdoors lighting:


1. Illamasqua Maneater 
2. Burberry Military Red
3. Dior Paparrazi
4. Chanel Triomphal 
5. Mac Mac Red

Although you can see that the shades are in the same family, Paparazzi is much sheerer and less of a statement red than the others. Maneater and Military Red are both vibrant, matte reds. In comparison, Triomphal is bluer and glossier. Mac Red is redder and has a satin finish.

Bottom line: I think Paparazzi is a beautiful 'Saturday afternoon' red - perfect for looking polished while running errands. 

 





1 comment:

  1. I recently posted about Dior addict extreme lipstick in paparazzi too. I love the shade and the formula so creamy and moisturising. Ifyou want you can check out my post.

    A MakeupHabit

    ReplyDelete